Thursday 8 November 2007

Hyperthymia

I submitted my MTAS form today! Hurrah! In the end I got so sick of it: I would look at my answers to questions I had read a thousand times and have absolutely no idea if they were any good or not. I ummed and ahhed about one question but in the end just thought I wanted to get rid of it well before the deadline (i.e. before the inevitable system crash, esp. with my terrible internet connection here).

I applied to somewhere I had said I definitely wouldn't put as my first choice! Basically it had a really great selection of jobs I'd like to do, and, even though I hadn't intended to leave the city I'm in, isn't too far away. I think it was a good decision.

I left the house this morning feeling really happy. I'd just clicked the 'submit' button (which by the way, was a huge anti-climax-'thank you. Your application has been submitted'-I don't know what I was expecting (fireworks?) but it was a bit disappointing), I walked outside and it was snowing for the first time this year. I actually skipped to the tube station- not metaphorically, I really did skip, jump off the kerb in a one-legged hop, and grinned at passers-by inanely.

Well, anyway, my fate for the next two years (and yours, should you be one of my patients!) is now in the hands of an NHS computer somewhere...ah, doesn't that just fill you with confidence? :-p

4 comments:

The Little Medic said...

Isn't it a great feeling?!

I was also a bit sad that the "submit" wasn't a bit more exciting. there definitely should have been fireworks.

Good luck

Shiny Happy Person said...

Oh, it makes me so fucking mad that after all that fuss they're still making you guys go through this stupid white-space bunch of ARSE.

Your MTAS answers were fine and I'm sure just the sort of thing that's expected but they didn't tell me a damn thing about the person I know you to be or the doctor I know you will be. Nothing,. Nada. Fuck all.

Meh.

I am sure you will do well and I hope you get the job you want (so I can visit you) and will forgive you for not putting the best place EVAH as first choice.

Maple Leaf Medic said...

Yeah- fireworks. Or at least some kind of flashing message and music.

Well done, TLM and everyone else, and good luck :-)

And SHP, if I get it, everyone is going to have to come and visit! :-D

The Shrink said...

What SHP said.

I'm enraged then apathetic that selection's based on outcomes of answers that simply don't often seem to select the right folk.

Best of luck with it all!

At least the RCPsych exams are less harrowing and WPBA takes the sting out of SHO -> SpR progression now, with no bottleneck.